Parents of teens are encouraged to celebrate Teen Read Week at home. Mrs. Stack offers these ideas:
- Visit the public or school library with your teen to attend a program or to check out books.
- Set aside time each night for the family to read.
- Give books or magazine subscriptions to your teen as a gift or reward.
- Share your favorite book with your teen.
- Surf the web with your teen to learn about new books or authors. A good place to start is YALSA's Booklist's page.
- Join a book discussion group at your public library.