Wednesday, December 15, 2010
We are looking for a plaque that hung over the library doors over 70 years ago in dedication to William S. Christy. If anyone has any information on its location, please contact Ms. Stack at (516) 992-1532. This image taken of the 1939 Library Club under the direction of Miss Doris Moyle, librarian and club advisor, appeared in the first edition of the Treasure Chest.
Monday, December 6, 2010
The following regulations pertain to the main library and should be observed at all times.
- A student who is deficient in more than one subject may not visit the library between the hours of 8:40 A.M. and 3:05 P.M.
- A student may spend but one period per day in the main library.
- Pupils go to and return from the library promptly with no loitering or conversation in the hall.
- The student librarian has the same authority as the librarian while in charge of the library and deserves the same respect.
- You are not permitted to go to the library to study something that you could study just as well in study hall. You should take only the notebook or book needed to do your assignment to the library.
- The customary library atmosphere of peace and quiet should prevail at all times.
WHAT WOULD MISS MOYLE THINK OF THE LIBRARY NOW!?!